How is it?

Chapter 1: The Start

I looked out the bus window at Love Middle School, everything seemed as dull as always.

“Time for another boring day of school work.” I said to myself. I trudged down the bus steps. I looked around at the familiar scenery. Kids were walking around and goofing off. “Mary! Mary, come here!” My best friend Lupe Gomez screamed at me. She was standing by a classroom where she always waits for me. Lupe was about five foot. Her hair hung loosely around her shoulders. It was black with red highlights. Her brown eyes sparkled with mischief inside the frames of her glasses. It was like she was ready to prank you or embarrass you badly. I walked over to her and smiled.

“Hey, Lupe. What’s up?” I asked.

“The sky, idiot. Anyways, I finally got my phone back. It’s finally mine again.” she said. I rolled my eyes.

“That’s awesome. Maybe, you learned a lesson?” I asked. She thought about it for a little bit.

“Well, mom. I learned to not get caught.” She responded. I groaned.

“What up, girlies?” Opal High said slinging her arms over us. I looked at her. Her hair was up in an extremely messy bun, but her bangs were in her green eyes. Her hair was a freakish purple color because she dyed it. She was grinning eye to eye.

“Look at who I found. My loser friends.” Nancy Jacobs said. Nancy’s hair was a natural brown and was in a french braid. Her eyes were hazel.

We decided to go to the library since we had enough time before the bell rings. We skipped down the hallway like little kids. As we stopped skipping, we noticed that a group of boys had taken our usual spot. As soon as we got there, Opal stepped up to the boys. “Hi, um, that’s our spot, sweeties. Can you please move?” Opal said in her country accent.

“No. We got here first, so we get to sit here today.” Said Gary Hox. I saw Opal was fuming and just about to start a fight so I pulled her away.

“You may sit there today but we will get get you back.” Nancy warned them. Before we left, Adam Eoyote yelled for me to stop. The girls left as I waited for Adam. “Hey, I was wondering if we could sit together at lunch. I need to talk to you about something. Please?” He asked with puppy eyes. They were a beautiful deep brown.

“Okay, sure. I’ll see you then. Then the bell rang. The day went on like it usually does, when it was finally time to go to our fifth period, P.E, with Coach Mitchell. We went to lunch before fifth period started.

I looked around for Adam in the lunchroom and saw him by himself. He looked down about something. I remembered one day at lunch when we were in fourth grade. Four years ago, Adam was crying at lunch and I went and sat down next to him.

“What’s wrong?” I asked, concerned.

“The girl I like, has a crush on somebody else.” He said, with misty eyes.

“I’m sure it’s just a crush. It will be over really soon. Besides, anyone who does date you, will be a lucky girl. You’re smart, athletic, and the nicest guy in school.

I shook my head coming back to the present. I went and sat down next to Adam. “Hey, what’s wrong?” I asked, just like four years ago.

“My sister went missing. She went to visit my dad in his lab but she never came back. I’m scared, Mary.” He said, his voice cracking towards the end. I put my arms around him.

“I’m sure she’s fine. I promise, she will come back.”

“No, she won’t. My dad has been trying to raise the dead. I believe he killed her and tried to resurrect her. He’s been different. He loves his work more than us. He even sleeps there. It’s weird.” Lunch decided to end right then.

Today, I guess the coaches decide to take a break or didn’t have anything planned because we were just sitting in the bleachers and talking. As we looked for a place to sit we saw our other best friends, Ed Frish and Jim Joeys. “Hey, best friends.” I said as we sat down with them.

“Hey!” They said in unison in a fake girly voice. As soon as we sat down, they mentioned Adam and I’s hug at lunch. They teased me about it until we had five minutes left until sixth period.

“I could’ve swore I saw you look at him- .” When suddenly we heard a scream from the other side of the gym. We all stood up to see what it was. All we saw was a girl lying on her back with another girl on top of her. The girl on top, dragged the other girl off the bleachers and into the middle of the gym. Everything seem to go in slow motion, to where everyone was screaming and back where we were. As I looked back at the girl, I saw the other girl was eating the poor girl like she was a meal. The girl who was eating the other looked really sick. She had wavy dyed green hair. Her eyes were a frightening white. It was sickening to watch. I noticed that she looked like Adam. Then, it dawned on me. It was Adam’s sister. The one who went missing.

Kelly grabbed my hand and pulled me along. We didn’t stop running. As we ran, we saw students biting and eating fellow students. Even the teachers looked crazed. A teacher I didn’t know was eating a student. I almost threw up then. One of the sickheads grabbed me, but out of nowhere, Adam Eoyote, killed the sickhead. Behind him were Gary Hox and Billy Dobs. Adam pulled me to my feet and we continued running to the cafeteria and barricaded ourselves in.

All of us were scared. We heard screaming and banging outside. Lupe and I sat on the stage until night, holding onto each other and crying. At night, we laid down and went to sleep.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Hello, Mary, dear. It’s time you learn the truth. I am the Wise One.” At the exact same time she said that music started to play. I looked around but I didn't see any instruments.

“Long ago, I chose ten people to protect the Earth. They had a quest to killed all the monsters that the Evil One had placed on Earth, it took them a long time to kill all the monsters, but at the end they completed their quest.” said the Wise One, looking at me like, wasn't that music cool!

“Now it seems like the monsters have been awaken again. So, I have chosen my ten warriors again.” The wise one continued

“Gary Hox, Ed Frish, Billy Dobs, Adam Eoyote, Jim Joeys, Opal High, Kelly Maroons, Nancy Jacobs, Lupe Gomez, and you.” The Wise One said.

“There are going to be many challenges with bumpy roads, but I have faith in the others and you.” said the Wise One. I couldn’t speak, literally. Everything seems so real, but in my mind, I knew it was a dream. I wanted to ask the Wise One questions such as, why me, what is the quest, why is their music playing every time you say Wise One, and where are the instruments? She seem to be reading my mind because she started to answer my questions.

“ I chose you because...you and the others are the only ones who can get this done.” She said.

”The quest is to kill every monster the Evil One has placed on earth, and the music is to give my speech a Bang to make it sound like I’m more important and full of power.” The Wise One said, while doing jazz hands. I was about to ask another question when the dream started to fade around me and I suddenly had the urge to wake up. The last thing I heard was,

“Trust them all especially Adam.”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up to someone shaking me. I jumped up in surprise, and I slowly looked around and saw Kelly standing in front of me. Kelly looked at me and smiled.

“Adam said to wake you up.” she said with a closed eye smile. I nodded and started to stretched my arms and legs. I slowly started walking to the lunch table  that everybody else was situated around.

“Morning, sleepy head.” Ed said with a cheeky smile. I smiled back, and sat down in between Kelly and Lupe. I yawned.

“What are we discussing?” I asked and scratched my head but the only thing I could think of was that dream and how I wish I could have instruments play every time someone says my name.

“Mary…Mary…..MARY!!” I heard someone screamed. I looked around to see everyone staring at me and Nancy screaming at me with a fish in her hand.

“If you don’t start waking up I’m going to smack you with this fish.” Nancy said smacking the fish at the table.

“Okay, okay I’m awake.” I said holding up my arms in surrender and looking at the poor fish that had it eyes wide open, that looked like they were popping out.

“Good.” Nancy said. ”Opal, you may continue.” Opal looked at Nancy and nodded.

“We were talking about what we’re gonna do when the cafeteria runs out of food.” Opal said, looking at the fish in Nancy’s hand

“If we run out of food, I guess I’m going to have to eat one of you guys like the zombies outside” Ed said laughing. Nancy marched right over to Ed and slapped him with the fish she had in her hand.

“Ouch, why did you do that?” Ed said to Nancy, rubbing his cheek.

“Why do you think I slapped you with the fish!?!” Nancy said to Ed.

“I don’t know? Is it because you're crazy!?”Ed said looking at Nancy in a crazed way. When Ed said that to Nancy, it looked like she was fuming mad.

“NO, IT’S BECAUSE YOU SAID YOU WERE GOING TO EAT US!! HOW IS THAT FUNNY ED, HUH, ANSWER ME!! Nancy said screaming at Ed at the top of her lungs while she was steaming red.

“Whoa, Ed you made her mad.” Gary said taking a step back.

“Did you hear that slap when the fish hit his cheek?!” I heard Billy say. Everyone bursted out into laughter. Ed sat down in embarrassment while rubbing his cheek and mumbling something.

“I say we empty the lunch ladies’ purses and put the canned food in.” Adam said, trying not to laugh about what Nancy did to Ed .

“I agree.” I said. The rest nodded their heads.

“So it’s settled then. Now we need to figure out where to go. Any suggestions?” Adam said. Everybody started to think. Where could we go? A place that has food and protection and possibly clothes. Wait, it couldn’t be that simple…

“What about my basement?” Ed said, think so hard that I could almost see the gears turning in his head.

“Any other ideas.” Adam said, looking at everyone but Ed. Ed looked heartbroken. He thought so hard and he was put down hard. I felt bad for him.

“WHAT, you don't like my idea!?” Ed said, screaming in Adam’s face.

“No, only you would make stupid ideas like that.” said Lupe.

“What did you say little girl.” Ed said

“Who you calling little girl, little boy.” Lupe shot back.

“Who you calling little boy, you-”

“How about Everything Mart. They have food, protection, and clothes. It’s perfect!” I said, interrupting Lupe and Ed,  Everybody looked at me like I was a genius. While everyone thought about it,  Ed and Lupe were still fighting and Adam was in the middle of them trying to break then apart.

“WHY DON’T YOU LIKE MY IDEA!?!?” screamed Ed.

“It’s worth a shot,” Adam said, ignoring Ed and push him out of the way.

“Start packing so we can get ready to go to Everything Mart.”

We packed all the food we could store into the lunch ladies extremely large purses. The purses were a ridiculously pink and purple color. They were ghastly to look at. While Lupe and Nancy glared at Ed, the boys surrounded the door. They counted to three and opened the door. Everywhere we looked, there was death. There was dead littering the floor and dead stumbling around like drunk men. There were dead eating other dead. It was a gruesome sight. The smell was revolting.

I walked beside Lupe and Opal. We walked through the dead, and we almost made it without any problems. Notice how I said almost. I felt hands grab my hair and yank me back. I fell to the ground screaming. None of us had any weapons. Adam had used his only weapon to kill the other zombie that had a hold of me earlier. The zombie was on top of me. I felt somebody pull the zombie off of me and heard some thing go through its head. I saw a boy standing over the zombie.

“You okay?” He asked.

“Yeah…..thanks.” I replied in a unsteady voice, and looked up to see a guy around my age.

“No problem. The name’s Jason Brooke.” He said as he helped me up.

“Welcome to the group.” Adam said reluctantly, casting a glare at him.

Opal giggled with Lupe. I looked at them and they instantly shut up. We all walked to the exit hoping no zombies would attack us, as we were walking cautionary, we saw a white, glowing, golden retriever standing near the exit. The dog was looking straight at us with an odd look. Almost, as if he knew us. Then, it did something we never would have thought would happen.

“Hello, the Wise One sent me. I am her dog. My name is Remington.” The dog said. We were gawking when the dog said something, and to make things worse we suddenly heard a POP. A girl with puffy black hair and soft looking blue eyes stood before us. She was wearing blue skinny jeans with a black hoodie and converse.

“My name is Diana, the Wise Ones’ daughter. I am going to aid you in your quest.” She said.

“Hello. So.... what’s up with the dog?” I said casting an uneasy glance at the dog.

“The name is Remington. I know I am the Wise Ones pet but I am extremely average.” The dog said.

“Yeah he is.....” said Diana. She looked at Billy kind of sheepishly. There was a look in her eyes that told me that she liked him already.

“Well, welcome to the band of misfits,” Adam said.

We continued walking with the weird talking dog. Jason was ahead but then he slowed down to walk with me. “So, how are you holding up? I mean, considering the circumstances.” he said.

“ I’m doing great!” I said in my sarcastic voice “ But at least I have you and my friends....and a weird dog.” I told Jason.

“Well, I won’t let anything happen to you.” Jason said grabbing my hand.

“T-thanks,” I said hesitantly. I quickly let go of his hand. Knowing that I already liked someone else.

“Well, lets catch up with the others, we don’t want to fall behind the others and get eaten by these zombies.” Jason said rudely.

“Yeah,” I said, not looking at him.

As we caught up with our band of misfits, Diana was currently talking about the weapon we will choose are at.

“So what are we talking about ?” I said.

“ WHAT weren’t you guys listening!?” Said kelly.

“Maybe, maybe not,” I said. She rolled her eyes and filled us in about what we missed. After Kelly filled us in, we started walking but this time in silence. While I was in thought, I notice Adam looking back at me. When he noticed that I saw him, he waved and smiled. I waved back. He looked worried. He started to talk to Billy. I talked with Kelly who was

I looked over at Jason and saw him with his arm around Opal. I turned to Kelly.

“I’m going to walk with Adam.” I said, walking off.

“Hey, Adam.” I said. He looked at me and smiled.

“ Hey, what’s wrong?” Adam said looking down.

“I just hope that Jason doesn’t hurt Opal.” I said .

“Do you like anybody?” He asked, looking at me.

“Yeah, but I’m not ready to tell. I don’t want to be hurt by anybody. Also, I’m really good friends with him and I don’t want it to be awkward.” I responded. I looked in front of me and thought about what was to come.

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

Daughter of Athena

Gryffindor

Daughter of Loki

#NEWTMAZERUNNER

JESSICA IS THE NAME, AND READING IS MY GAME!

Chapter 2: Everything Mart Has Well...Everything!

We walked on in silence. Diana leading us.

“Do you even know where Everything Mart is?” I asked.

“Yes, I do. I am the Wise Ones’ daughter you know.” She said matter-of-factly. I rolled my eyes. Adam chuckled at my childness.

“So, after all this is over, what do you think will happen?” Adam said, looking over at me.

“I don’t know. Who says this will ever be over? We might be dead before then.” I said sadly.

“No! Don’t think like that. You need to think positive. We will make it through this.” He said taking my shoulders and looking me straight in my eyes. I couldn’t help but feel happy that Adam cared about me and how Everyone might die. I didn’t notice tears started to roll down my cheeks until Adam wiped them away and he pulled me into a hug.

I didn’t want to let go but we had to run to catch up with the rest. Lupe looked at me with a knowing look. I started to blush. I noticed Jason was slowly walking away from the group. I poked Adam and pointed to Jason.

“Jason, where are you going?” Adam yelled out. Jason looked over at us with a smug look. The rest of the group looked at us to see what was going on.

“I don’t need your help. I can survive on my own. The only reason why I saved that little, ugly, pathetic excuse of a girl was to get Opal’s attention and it worked. Until she said that I was just a player You know what? I can find way hotter girls that ya’ll.” As Jason continued to talk and point, a zombie slowly walked towards him. I was going to yell for him to run but I felt a hand clamped  over my mouth. I looked back to see Adam staring at Jason with a resentful glare. The zombie kept walking slowly to Jason. As it was right behind him, Jason looked back to see what we were staring at and when he turned around he was face to face with a zombie. Before Jason could run, the zombie sunk its teeth into Jason’s neck. They both went down. I couldn’t watch it so I put my head into the crook of Adam’s head.While I was doing that I heard the others say things.

“OH MY GOSH!!” I heard Opal and Kelly scream. While Lupe, Jim, and Nancy were gagging, and Ed, Gary,and Billy were screaming while running in circles bumping into each other. Adam laid his head on mine, whispering softly.

“Don’t worry. It’s not our fault. He was talking too loud. We could’ve told him, but we didn’t because he wasn’t our responsibility and also he shouldn’t have said those things about you.” He whispered into my ear. He held me and rubbed circles on my back. We suddenly heard a sound and turn around to see Lupe and Ed fighting that it was their fault and Diana and Opal staring at Billy, while Remington was mumbling something to quiet for anyone to hear and the rest were either talking or crying. When suddenly Diana turned around.

“Well let’s get going…..and I’m sorry for your friend but let me just tell you now.” Diana said taking a deep breath.

“This journey is going to be tough and may of you might not make it alive but I have a feeling no one important is going to die because I am the Wi-”  

“WE KNOW,... we know you're the Wise ones daughter.” said Opal trying not to get upset. While Diana and Opal were talking.(more like arguing.) I gazed of and looked at the gray clear sky, when I felt a cold tug on my hand. I looked around to see who it was but the only thing I saw was something glowing gold. When I looked closer to see who it was I saw an gold glowing apparition. It gestured for me to follow it. I hesitantly released myself from Adam’s embrace and followed it. The apparition looked like a woman but it was strange because she looked almost like me. The only differences was that I had blue eyes and she had hazel eyes. Also, she only stood at about five feet. Where as, I was five foot three. Other than that she looked exactly like me.

She led me to a building. I could sense the others following me. It was Everything Mart. She took me behind the building, where she lead me on a path that was faded away and took me to a grave marker that read:

“Heather Love-a wonderful wife and mother. R.I.P”

It was my mother’s grave. I knew that she had died but I didn’t know where her grave was and how she died. The ghost looked at me with longing eyes.

“You’re my mother, aren’t you?” I asked. The ghost nodded it’s head slowly. My eyes started to water. I was about to hug the ghost when I felt somebody put their arms around my waist and pull me back. The ghost started to transform. It no longer looked like a human form. It was a monster. It was tall and skinny. It had eyes darker than the night. I saw it’s skinny, white hands reach towards me. Diana stepped forward and pulled out a scythe that was glowing blue. She swung it at the monster, but the monster jumped back.

“WHERE DID SHE GET THAT SCYTHE FROM!?!” yelled Gary and Ed. Diana ran while swinging and trying not to pay any attention to what Gary and Ed were saying. When Diana was suddenly was behind the monster ready to swing, so when it looked back it was too late. She swung at the monster and chopped it to itty bitty pieces. While she was doing that I was crying my eyes out that I couldn't hear anyone talk.

I heard soft whispers but couldn’t make out any words. Somebody pulled my arm roughly and drag me away. I suddenly felt myself being picked up. Somebody kept calling my name but I couldn’t figure out who it was. We went through doors of Everything Mart. Everything seemed dark and the lights were flickering on and off. Somebody placed me down on something cold and hard. All I could do was cry and think, What did I do wrong? Why did she show up? Was she fake?

I heard distant banging and shouting. I tried to sit up but couldn’t. I tried to open my mouth to say something but all that would come out were some weird noises. What was wrong with me? I thought.

“She got that slime from that creature's mouth on her. Is it doing something to her?” I heard somebody say. Wait,... who am I again?! Oh no,... I forgot who I was!

“The slime will eventually make her forget who she is and who everybody else is and eventually lose her memories.” somebody said.

“She won’t remember who I am.” Somebody said sadly.

“I can fix her.” the first voice said.

“Are you sure? I…...I can’t live without her.” I heard the second voice say while their voice cracked. That brought tears to my eyes.

“Mary? Mary, can you hear me?” The second voice said.I took a deep breath.

“Who’s Mary? Is that me?” I said to the voices.

“Yes, Mary. That is you. I’m Adam, remember.” The second voice said slowly and shakily.

“Nope, you’re a guy named Nick,” a third voice said.

“No, you’re Donald Trump,” another voice chimed in.

I heard someone mutter under their breath, and then I heard two people try to talk but somebody hushed them.

“What’s my real name?” I asked.

“Your real name is Mary Love. You’re fourteen years old. We’ve been best friends since kindergarten. Slime from a monster had hit you and you forgot everything. Don’t worry though. We’ll fix you.” The second voice said.

My breathing started to steady. I will get my memory's back. No matter what. That's when it hit me. I couldn't see. ¨Why can't I see though?

“Guys, I can’t see.” I said shakily.

“It’s just a side effect. You’ll regain your sight after a couple of hours.” I heard the first person say. “She needs to sleep and we need to fix this place up. Also, take stock of what we have.”

“Ok, I’ll find a place to put her to bed.” Somebody’s hands guided me. Finally, we got to wherever we were going.

“Go to bed. Make sure you stay in here and don’t move until I come and get you. By the time, I come back you should have you sight back. Get some sleep and have good dreams.” he helped me lay down. I felt him kiss my forehead. I fell straight to sleep.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I opened my eyes and groaned at the pain. My head felt like it had been smashed to pieces. Where am I? I looked around confused. The room was a terrible shade of yellow and the furniture was ripped up in places. There was a really creepy painting of a woman with white eyes. Adam was passed out in a chair across from the couch I was laid on. I tried to remember what happened but all I could remember was Jason being attacked. Adam looked so peaceful, then he started to stir.

“You’re awake.” he said, sleepily. I giggle at him, noticing his hair stuck up in all sorts of directions.

“What’s so funny?” he asked, eyeing me warily.

“Oh, nothing much. Just your hair.” I said, still giggling. He shot up and went to the mirror that was hanging on the wall. He started to flatten his hair but it wasn’t helping his case.

“I’m glad you’re feeling better. You had me worried. Let’s make a rule for you: no going anywhere without telling anybody. I think that’ll go for everybody though.” He said. I rolled my eyes.

“Rules aren’t no fun though.” I whined. He just shook his head and started to drag me out the door to the others. Everybody greeted me with hugs, except Lupe, she hit me.

“You had me, I mean us, worried. Don’t you ever do that to me, us again. Do you understand?” She said, cracking and hugged me.

“I’m sorry. I saw my mother though.” I said, with a smile, remembering how much a like we looked. Diana smiled nervously.

“Actually, that's not what your mother looks. Besides, it’s impossible for that to be her grave. I mean, she isn’t even dead.” Diana said laughing. Everybody looked as shocked as I was.

“What do mean she isn’t dead?” I said. My thoughts starting to race. I think I would’ve known if she wasn’t...I think. What if dad lied? What if she is alive, but doesn’t like me? What and how?

“She had to be put in protection. Your father was and still is after her. She had to put you up for adoption. I thought you knew.” Diana said.

“Mary...everything will be okay.” Adam said slowly. My fists were clenched so hard. My nails were digging into the palms of my hand. I could feel heat around me.

“Mary, keep the anger reeled in. If you don’t, you’ll hurt someone. I know you don’t want to do that,” Diana said. I could feel heat burning up inside of me. I wanted to release it but I knew I shouldn’t. I thought cool thoughts; ice cream, ice, snow, etc. I felt myself cooling off. Everybody looked at me scared, except Adam. I looked at everybody and ran to the room where I first awoke. I sat on the couch sobbing. I was monster. I didn’t belong here. Adam walked in and sat next to me. He pulled me into a conforting hug. We stayed that way until it came.

• Posted at:

Daughter of Athena

Gryffindor

Daughter of Loki

#NEWTMAZERUNNER

JESSICA IS THE NAME, AND READING IS MY GAME!

Great story.

• Posted at:

I am a Wings of Fire fan.

A Spirit Animals Fan.

A Goosebumps Fan. 

A Tombquest Fan.