Guys, I mean no disrespect toward Michael Northrop or the revisers of The Odyssey, but really. In Homer's classic The Odyssey, the people revising it misrepresent Poseidon. The Greek sea god is an easygoing deity who is hard to anger. Sailors worshipped him. The ladies flirted with him (well, it's the other way around, but still, they accept [most of the time]!). All in all, you would always choose Poseidon over Hades, Tartarus, Ouranos, Chaos, Gaea, Kronos, or even Zeus. Poseidon was kind of mad at Odysseus (okay, scratch that, he was a jerk), but he wasn't evil mad, just I'm-going-to-not-kill-you-but-I'm-going-to-make-your-life-miserable mad. Still, he wasn't diabolical, just straight-forward in avenging his son. Sure, his Cyclops son Polyphemus was a major bully, but still, if your son was stabbed in his one working eye with a hot tree spike, you would go avenge him, right? Right. As for Mr. Northrop's TombQuest #5: The Final Kingdom, it isn't a bad book (or so I'm told). The thing that bothers me about it is its cover. Anubis, the jackal-headed gaurdian god of the Underworld and Egyptian afterlife, is holding Alex Sennefer and Renata "Ren" Duran like he means to totally annihalate TombQuest's heroes. I don't know who the cover artist and cover designer are, but I mean no disrespect to them, either, in ranting about this. In reality, Set is the god of chaos and evil, born of Nut and Geb on December 29 (I think), and Osiris, Set's good brother, is the actual King of the Egyptian Underworld, not Anubis. Some people compare Osiris and Hades and Pluto, but in truth, only Hades and Pluto are similar, not Osiris. Osiris was said to be a wise king, with Anubis as his faithful servant/second-in-command. Anubis was thought to be handsome when he had a jackal's body and human head, and he was the god of funeral rites and burial customs, so the worst he could do was put fear into your body in one of his many sacred graveyards, or give you bad judgment in the Weighing of the Heart (which he was thought to have mild control over, since the judges were still deciding if you were worthy of the afterlife). Anubis would not be caught torturing two innocent kids bent on restoring peace and justice to the world. In fact, he would probably reward them. Thanks for listening to my rant, guys, and no disrespect intended.

-Winston

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

THE WINSTON

Give it up, y'all!

Whew! I'm awesome!

The only way to eat the cake is to reach up and earn it. -Winston

Cahill, Greencloak, Hystorian, Tombquester, Special, and Horizoner.

#WeAreFamily

#WACKED!

When you are down, know you can only go up.

Hi

• Posted at:

Hi, my name is Alejandro

Poseidon rules

Proud Grifinder

Help me out with my RP at /209691          

#PUTIRBACK

#AllLivesMatter

#LeaveYourMark

#WearYourCrownRight

When you read the book, you understand that he's denying them access to cross over to the dead side of the underworld. And he gives them a hint to solve the crisis.

Have you read any of Rick Riordan's books?

• Posted at:

Chai @^@

2010-2016 : 6 years as a Cahill

The Lord of the Books!

The Inventor of the Gavinometer!

King of the 39 Clues Fandom!

Horizoner, Greencloak, SQ, Madrigal, Amulet Keeper, Shadow House Special

Since the very start!

ChaiHam or ChaiJavi

@Chai: But why? Is he not friendly...?

And yes, some. Poseidon is chill. He's water.

• Posted at:

THE WINSTON

Give it up, y'all!

Whew! I'm awesome!

#WeAreFamily

#WACKED!

cool coast man from alfred

• Posted at:

alfredi

Bump.

• Posted at:

THE WINSTON

Give it up, y'all!

Whew! I'm awesome!

#WeAreFamily

#WACKED!