What Taekwondo Really Means

"This is indeed the martial art of kicking and punching, but it is tied to stories and emotions. Practitioners will laugh at their mistakes and joke with one another, but they may also become depressed at their failures rather than seeing them as lessons.

"It won't be easy, but it will definitely be worth it. The journey from no belt to black belt is more than just learning a new way to do a roundhouse kick or how to break boards. It's about building character and becoming a better person than you were yesterday.

"It's better to be a kind white belt than a black belt with an ego the size of Jupiter. For I stand not with the strong and powerful, but with the weak and underestimated. The ones who are looked down on by others have the most strength, and the strongest will to fight back. Does the world see this? No. Do taekwondo practitioners see this? Yes.

"I often wish the world could be like my taekwondo class. Everyone respects each other, but there is a bit of FRIENDLY teasing. If the world could be like that, there would be no more war.Sometimes wishing isn't enough, so.....

"The next time you're practicing in the dojang, think about what you're really training for. Your black belt is one thing, but in taekwondo you learn more than just martial arts techniques. You learn the importance of respect and peace.

"You, a human being on planet Earth, have a voice. Use it."

I hope this has helped you in some way, whether you're struggling with depression, fighting cancer, or just feeling sad. Along with hopefully inspiring you, I'm posting this message on every message board I can because this message's other purpose is to change the world. It's so people can see that not everything is cruelty, death, and war. Maybe someday, as mentioned in the speech, the whole world can be peaceful.

Hope for the best,

Samurai

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

- Samurai -

Red Belt

Artist

Writer

Diviner

Now that we know just who we are

Now that we've finally come this far

I'm ready for one more battle scar

'Cause this is still worth fighting for

- My Darkest Days

K'ihap

• Posted at:

- Samurai -

Red Belt

Artist

Writer

Diviner

- My Darkest Days

hey Sammy, um, can you tell me if I should do Taekwondo? I've been wanting to do it since you started talking about it.

• Posted at:

silvy-chan (silvy)

give me my teeth back

Wow so um...

• Posted at:

I LOVE MINECRAFT Call me cheese YA PEOPLE

Silvera-

You should totally try it! :D Taekwondo has made me much happier and it's really fun! If you have any questions, just ask!

• Posted at:

- Samurai -

Red Belt

Artist

Writer

Diviner

- My Darkest Days