I hope you are having a fantastic summer, TombQuesters! I myself am celebrating a major Book Birthday. TombQuest is turning 3—not three years old, but three books old! Here’s a look at Book 3, Valley of Kings, all dressed up for the party!
This book was a ton of fun to write, and I am excited to share it with you. After their perilous adventures in New York and London in the first two books, Alex and Ren and Luke and Todtman finally make it to Egypt. That’s right: the Death Walkers have home-field advantage from now on!
Here are five things to look forward to in Book 3:
* The ancient land of the pharaohs is now a bustling nation of nearly 90 million people, and nowhere is more bustling than its capital city, Cairo. Throw in evil spirits, back-alley chases, and the deadliest death cult member yet and you get an idea of the kind of “welcome” the friends get there.
* With Cairo gone crazy, the friends follow a trail of clues to the Valley of the Kings, the legendary burial ground of many of Egypt’s greatest pharaohs. But the heat is definitely on in the sun-baked desert: a fiery new foe awaits!
* It’s not all bad news, though. A Very Famous figure from Egyptian history is also kicking around his old haunts in the valley. Could this be the ally the friends need? (Related question: What’s that nasty thing in Pai’s mouth?!)
* A jaw-dropping betrayal blindsides the crew! Will they all escape—or even survive?
* Over the course of the book, Alex and Ren dig up crucial clues in two famous museums. Here’s a real-life museum exhibit that inspired a key element in Book 3: a masterfully miniature copy of the ancient Egyptian Book of the Dead!
What are YOU looking forward to this August?
Please tell us why you'd like to report this post