Beth: I want to be an author and so I love these author chats; thanks so much for taking the time to do set them up for us, and thanks to the authors themselves for taking the time to participate in them. :)
Hello Mr. Northrop, I'm Delaney, and here are my (many) questions for you (I don't expect them all to be answered, but I'm curious and decided, "why not post them all and see which ones, if any, get answered?") :
1. What is your advice for hopeful authors?
2. Have you been rejected before in writing, and if so, how did you deal with this?
3. What is your favorite type of story character? (I love the Percy Jackson characters because they're kids who people can relate to.)
4. Do you like when your favorite books are turned into movies?
5. If you weren't an author, what job do you think you might have?
6. Where do you, as an author, get inspiration from?
7. What do you think the most important thing is to keep in mind when you are writing a story of any kind?
8. What advice would you have for creating characters in a new story?
9. What is your favorite book and why?
10. Which authors (and other people who aren't authors) do you look up to, and why?
11. Do you have a very inspirational quote that you love?
12. What do you do when you can picture a scene in your mind, and can't find the words to describe it on paper?
13. How much research do you do when writing a story (example being different places in the world, different creatures, etc)?
14. What's the hardest part of writing for you and why? What's the easiest?
15. What do you do when people tell you they don't like what you've written, but you yourself do like it?