Do You Like it?

Post any coments and questions you have. Please help me continue on.

There may be mistakes made by the website

A New Life

Chapter One

“Get out of the house right now, Katie! The house is completely engulfed in flames” my twenty-nine-year-old sister, Bethany, yelled at the top of her lungs. It’sIt’s three in the morning and our house is on fire. Things are about to change. I can feel it. But how will it? What’llWhat’ll happen to the family as a whole? There are so many questions that I feel I must ask myself and God.

I grab my phone and sprint out. Boberto, my cat, quickly follows me as I slip on shoes and run out of the house. As I open the door, I hear the car start. Mom calls my name and she sounds like she was prepared for this. She is. She buys clothes to go in a suitcase, which is in the back-seat, so that if we end up having a fire, we can actually change clothes without wasting money. She has 3 spare laptops in there also. One for me, one for my dad, and one for Mom.

“Why does this happen when Bethany just gets here? I mean it almost seems like Bethany caused the fire but she couldn’tcouldn’t have! She’sShe’s my sister. So why do I think she caused it out of jealousy or hatred,” I ask myself.

She got here at 7PM7PM after her long flight from The Vatican City, since she was protecting the president during his trip to meet with the pope, for the 2nd2nd time this year. Dad left for a business trip at 8PM. He works for a major record company so he had to go meet his boss in California. He’sHe’s not home often, but, I’mI’m actually really lucky that he is home as often as he is. My friend’sfriend’s dad works for the same company and he’she’s always somewhere else. Right now he is in France working on a new clothing line with Selena Gomez. I’mI’m really jealous of him. That’sThat’s where I’dI’d rather be and I would love to hang out with Selena Gomez!

“Where are we going?” I ask as I turn on the “Voice Recorder App” to text dad where we’rewe’re headed.

“To your school. We’llWe’ll get Transfer Forms for you. We are going to live with Grandma, up in Michigan. I’mI’m sorry but you’llyou’ll have to transfer from Holabird,” Mom answers and lets out a sigh.

I decide to text DemiDemi, my BFFBFF “DemiDemi! Even though it’sit’s 3:30AM, I need to tell you something. I have to” I pause and start to silently cry. “transfer schools. My house caught fire. Keep in touch with me!” I type. As I hesitate to send, I hear Mary’sMary’s phone. It was a sudden, horrifying noise so I jump and send it. I find out I was actually hearing a car crash. I won’twon’t be able to sleep for a while. I’mI’m really tired though. I see the NorwoodNorwood Playground that I’dI’d go to after school with a few friends like DemiDemi. We turn away from it. I wonder why we came straight to school. The car stops and I fall asleep.

I wake up at 5AM, like normal, but I’mI’m in a car. I moan, wondering what’llwhat’ll happen to me when I transfer to Portland Middle School. I think back to my last trip to Michigan, 6 months ago. Grandma was waiting at the door for our arrival. She was excited and so were we. That time we were visiting family but this time we’llwe’ll be living there so that will be odd for all three of us. I shake my head. Although I’mI’m in a car, homeless, I change into a nice outfit and start to make a satisfying breakfast for Mom, Bethany, and I.

How to make eggs and bacon in a car? I wonder. I quickly open the cooler and grab the bacon, eggs, skillets, butter, strawberries, and bananas. I turn the car on and wait for the engine to warm up. I look at my watch and the time is 5:13AM. Luckily, it’sit’s before 5:3030, which is when my teachers start to come and they most likely will wonder why I’mI’m cooking in a car. I’dI’d have to explain that our home was engulfed in flames last night.

The engine warms up so that I can cook about ten minutes later. I put five eggs on one skillet and nine pieces of bacon on the larger one. I wonder why we have skillets in the trunk of our car. I shake it off

Although the food will probably burn, it most likely will to be honest; I close the hood and wait two minutes. I shiver and check the temperature. Since it i3thei3the temperature is aboabo temperature. 3030 degrees. amesames last night.s December, the temperature is about twenty degrees Fahrenheit. I sprint back to the car and change into longer pants. I get out with a fork and move the eggs around. My math teacher, Ms. Burns, comes by and sees me.

“Katie Ross? Why are you here at such an early time?” she asks then looks down at the food that I’mI’m cooking, alone, outside, in a car. “Is your family ok? What happened to you that made it so that you had to be here, cutie?”

“No. Our house caught fire at 3AM3AM and I’mI’m going to live with my Grandma after I get the transfer forms,” I say.

“Oh! I-I’mI’m sorry,” she stutters and a tear falls.

“No, I’mI’m sorry. We shouldn’tshouldn’t have come to school. We should have went somewhere else,” I say, about to cry myself.

She hugs me and then helps me make breakfast. Ms. Burns didn’tdidn’t have to but she willingly did and brushed off my science teacher and gym teacher when they told her to get inside and warm up. Both times she did this; I was really shocked that she would rather help her student then her own health and she didn’tdidn’t even listen to her cousin, Mr. Kelli, my science teacher.

We enjoy our breakfast. Even though I have no home, she treats me like a member of her family, like her immediate family, like I’mI’m her own daughter or younger sister but mainly daughter. I wonder why. Probably because she always thinks she owes me something. Every time I walk into her classroom she gives me candy, her homemade sushi, cookies, her mom’smom’s fresh fruit, stickers, erasers, and sometimes cash! On my birthday she gave me the pair of earrings I wanted from the mall that time I went with her. Why’dWhy’d I go to the mall with my teacher? I’llI’ll never know!

“Katie, do you want to stay at Holabird?” she asks.

“Of course I do! Why do you ask?” I say confused.

“I live three blocks away. Maybe you could stay with me until the New Year or how-ever long it takes for everything to be ready to enable you to move. The full ‘ok, you can transfer to what-ever school you are going to go to as a result of leaving BCPS’BCPS’ won’twon’t happen for a few weeks and I want you to live somewhere. Plus it gets a little lonely when you have a 3 bedroom house and live alone,” she says and smiles.

“I’llI’ll ask my mom,” I say and walk to the car.

“You go do that!” she laughs.

I smile for a second. Wondering why, I open the driver, car door and tell mom about the offer. Mom takes a second to decide but she says she’sshe’s willing to go. She also tells me that I need to understand this won’twon’t be forever. I already knew that.

So why’dwhy’d she tell me this?

This might be a long month or how-ever long it’llit’ll be. I kind of want to get back on my feet but I don’tdon’t. I don’tdon’t know what I want. Should I stay with my teacher? Or a friend? Or quit school at all costs and be a waitress? I don’tdon’t know what I can do or what I should do. I can’tcan’t take it. I don’tdon’t think so. This is happening to fast.

When I get to my locker, DemiDemi walks behind me and slips her arms around me. She cries and says she feels complete sympathy for me. I pat her arm lightly and cry myself. Alexis, we call her Lexi though, asks why I’mI’m crying.

“I-I lost my home at 33AMAM.”

“Oh, my god,” she says after a quick gasp and she covers her mouth so I cancan’t’t tell sheshe’s’s crying too. I could tell though. We all cry in each other’other’s’s’ arms for a minute.

“Katie, Alexis, Demetra, are you three ok?”

“Thanks for acting like you dondon’t’t know,” I say. “But no, we aren’t.”

I sob harder. Ms. Burns hugs me and tells me it’it’llll all be all right then whispers in my ear to meet her in the office after school so she can take me home. She walks me into homeroom and tells everyone not to ask me anything, seeing my mascara rushing down my face.

Everybody rushes to my side, though, and hugs me. We stay quiet all of homeroom which is awkward. I want to stay forever. My mom wants to get to family. Bethany wants to get home, for her, in France.

During all of my other classes, my friends ask me if I need help and if II’m’m ok. II’m’m getting so much special treatment now that I do not have a home. Well, not a home that belongs to my mom or dad. I’m confused about what will happen to me later. Who will find out? Every mod, I cry a little but refuse to see the guidance counselor.

I repeat these words to myself a million times today “I want to go home. I want to be free.

When I get to my new home and finish my homework, which is really about nothing but Latin, I curl up and fall asleep.

Chapter Two

I wake to the sound of my favorite song, Quassimodo. The smell of bacon and eggs also lingers.

“Huh?” I ask myself scratching my head.

The only people who know my actual favorite song are Demi, Lexi, Bri, Brandi, and myself so I start to wonder who played it. I shake my head in denial. I’m tired. Get dressed self! I change into nice clothes. I’m going to just quit school and say my final goodbyes.

I sob and cut myslef. I wasn't thinking.

I wipe my face and get dressed. Luckily, I cut my arm. That’s easy to hide with a long-sleeve t-shirt or sweater or something like that.

“Hello, Katie. How are you this morning?” Ms. Burns smiles.

“Im quitting school today. I cant take it anymore. Other than that Im perfect” I reply.

“Quitting school?” she asks.

“Yes.”

“Katie Ross, How many times I’e told you that you need a DECENT education? You have to stay in school. I know its hard but I want you to get a better education.”

“But what’l happen to everybody when I leave? Mom said that wed be gone by Easter.” I cry.

“I know it’l be hard but you have to stay and you’l go. Things happen. You’l be alright and I promise you that!”

“Why not adopt me?” I ask then cover my mouth.

“Well, that is not a bad idea because you can stay but your mom will not allow that.”

“You dont know that!”

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

A Miracle Is Another Name For Hard Work....

No matter how hard something is, I will always be positive and smile like an idiot...

Make memories you know you will never forget.

I am Karah.

Just let me sink into the sea, dee dee dee deep!

Do you know the meaning of the words ENGLISH BOOK?

The idea is good, I'll grant you that, but you grammar, punctuation, capitolization, character development, and spelling is... not that good.

Please note that this is not bullying, it is critism. I am only saying this because you have a good plot, you just... need to... tweak some other stuff.

• Posted at:

"You're cray cray."

"Don't say that..."

"Don't say what?"

"Cray cray."

"Why?"

"Cuz only cray cray peeps say cray cray."

"But... you just said it!"

"Duh. I'm cray cray!"

Aleigha

I am telling a lie. True or false?

Oops... misspelled criticism.

• Posted at:

"You're cray cray."

"Don't say that..."

"Don't say what?"

"Cray cray."

"Why?"

"Cuz only cray cray peeps say cray cray."

"But... you just said it!"

"Duh. I'm cray cray!"

Aleigha

I am telling a lie. True or false?

I think it is good but I agree with @fieryangel.

• Posted at:

Nickname Archer

( \ ) ##--------> ) / (

Proud Bible believing Baptist.

"You frighten me the Gypsy said.

Never have I seen my crystal ball so full of darkness." - Red Herring WIthout Mustard, By Alan Bradley

#RememberPhilis12/4/14

#WeLoveTiger

the typos are actually caused by the website and the narator can be informal, that was my point. sorry

• Posted at:

A Miracle Is Another Name For Hard Work....

No matter how hard something is, I will always be positive and smile like an idiot...

Make memories you know you will never forget.

I am Karah.

Just let me sink into the sea, dee dee dee deep!